I posted a quick behind-the-scenes look while I was making these on my Instagram stories and the feedback was incredible.
I made a quick and simple one-bowl brownie batter, stuffed it with Mega Stuf Oreos, and baked it in a cupcake pan. Simple and DELICIOUS. And since so many people have asked for the recipe, here it is!
As small as they are, these brownie cups are a chocolate explosion in your mouth. To make them perfectly fudgy, you’ll have to watch the baking time; brownies can quickly go from being underdone to overdone. You’ll know they’re ready when the top and sides look set, but the center isn’t fully baked. To be sure, a toothpick inserted into the center should not come out clean, but rather with moist crumbs. (I apologize for using that word, but "damp crumbs" just didn't sound appetizing...)
If you anticipate needing (or wanting) more brownies, just double the recipe (as I almost always do). However, I 100% support keeping the recipe as is and chowing down on all of it yourself.
LOOKING FOR MORE BROWNIE RECIPES?
CHECK THESE OUT!
Also, check out my cookbook! Even Better Brownies
Oreo-Stuffed Brownie Cups
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- 12 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray cupcake/muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray then set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter, vegetable oil, sugars, vanilla, and eggs together until well combined. Sift in the dry ingredients and fold until just combined; be careful not to overmix. Batter will be thick.
- Equally spoon the batter into each cavity in the prepared cupcake/muffin pans and drop an Oreo in each cavity, smoothing the top out and ensuring the Oreo is completely covered.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. To test, insert a toothpick into the center of the brownie cup through the Oreo. It should come out with a few crumbs (not batter) sticking to it.
- Once your brownies have finished cooking, remove the pan from the oven and allow them to cool and set for about 5 minutes before allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
MikeBakesNYC LLC owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this website unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my Disclosure page. This post may contain affiliate links.