I posted a quick behind-the-scenes look while I was making these on my Instagram stories and the feedback was incredible.
I made a quick and simple one-bowl brownie batter, stuffed it with Mega Stuf Oreos, and baked it in a cupcake pan. Simple and DELICIOUS. And since so many people have asked for the recipe, here it is!
As small as they are, these brownie cups are a chocolate explosion in your mouth. To make them perfectly fudgy, you’ll have to watch the baking time; brownies can quickly go from being underdone to overdone. You’ll know they’re ready when the top and sides look set, but the center isn’t fully baked. To be sure, a toothpick inserted into the center should not come out clean, but rather with moist crumbs. (I apologize for using that word, but “damp crumbs” just didn’t sound appetizing…)
If you anticipate needing (or wanting) more brownies, just double the recipe (as I almost always do). However, I 100% support keeping the recipe as is and chowing down on all of it yourself.
Oreo-Stuffed Brownie Cups
By: Mike Johnson
12 brownie cups
Total time: 40 min
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray cupcake/muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter, vegetable oil, vanilla, eggs, and sugars together. Sift in the dry ingredients and fold until just combined; be careful not to overmix. Batter will be thick.
- Equally spoon the batter into each cavity in the prepared cupcake/muffin pans and drop an Oreo in the cup, smoothing the top out and ensuring the Oreo is completely covered.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. To test, insert a toothpick into the center of the brownie cup through the Oreo. It should come out with a few crumbs (not batter) sticking to it.
- Once your brownies have finished cooking, remove the pan from the oven and allow them to cool and set for about 5 minutes before allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.*
- Store brownie cups in an airtight container.