These salted caramel brownie cups are a quick and easy way to win over chocolate lovers. All you need is a few pantry staples and a muffin tin to create these bite-sized treats.
You may have picked up on the fact that I’m a bit of a brownie aficionado by the number of brownie recipes I’ve posted.
Just a bit. A teeny, tiny bit.
It’s not like I’m obsessed with brownies or anything crazy like that. Psssh, no… I just wouldn’t mind if brownies were made an official food group and if it were then considered acceptable to consume brownies for, say, breakfast and lunch… and maybe dinner too.
That’s not an obsession. That’s just a personal preference, okay!? 😜🙃
Anyways, here’s the first thing you need to know about this salted caramel brownie cups recipe: it’s easy. Like… ridiculously (& dangerously) easy.
You can make these almost as quickly as you can make a box mix; I’m talking in the oven in 20 minutes or less. And no need to even pull out the hand or stand mixer!
Oh, and the salted caramel sauce? The salted caramel sauce is pretty amazing straight off the spoon. Not that I would know or anything…
As always, read the recipe before beginning and keep an eye out for the next brownie recipe, because let’s be honest… there will be plenty more! 😉
*Recipe & post updated on May 10, 2020*
Salted Caramel Brownie Cups
For the Brownie Cups:
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
For the Salted Caramel Sauce:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to preheat to 350°F (180°C). Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter, oil, and sugars together for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in color, about 4 minutes.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Equally spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out with a few wet crumbs (not batter) for fudge-textured brownies.
- Make the salted caramel: Heat the granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a high heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Be careful not to burn.
- Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the butter and stir until melted and combined, about two minutes. (Be careful with this step because the caramel will bubble rapidly when the butter is added.)
- Very slowly drizzle in the heavy cream while stirring. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute then remove from heat and stir in the salt. Allow to cool down before using it. (Caramel thickens as it cools.)
- Once your brownies have finished cooking, remove the pan from the oven and allow them to cool and set in the pan. Sprinkle some flaky sea salt on top of brownies immediately after removing them from the oven)
- Drizzle some caramel sauce on top of the cooled brownies & enjoy!
MikeBakesNYC LLC owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this website unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my Disclosure page. This post may contain affiliate links.