These s’mores bars are ooey gooey good! They start with a graham cracker base and are filled with melty marshmallows and topped with melted chocolate!
It’s official. Gooey S’mores Bars are here… and they aren’t just for the summer. Heck, they’re not even just for camping or cozy movie nights by the fire pit. You can, and should eat s’mores year round.
I mean, after yesterday’s baked s’mores donuts recipe, you could say that I’m a little obsessed with the graham cracker, chocolate, and toasted marshmallow combo right now… There’s so much to love about that combo though. Maybe it’s the nostalgic flavors or the fact that they’re often eaten on vacation, or maybe it’s just because I have a massive sweet tooth. Whatever the reason, I just can’t get enough.
These easy gooey s’mores bars will definitely help with those s’mores cravings; I PROMISE.
Quick Note On Cutting The Gooey S’mores Bars:
Since this is an ooey, gooey bar, it needs time to set up. I tested this recipe over and over again and found that freezing the bars made them so much easier to slice. After a short freezing time, the bars can be easily cut. Once you cut them into slices, the s’mores bars only take like 10-15 minutes to thaw.
Inspired & adapted from my friend Lena of Lena’s Kitchen Blog
Gooey S'mores Bars
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 28-32 large marshmallows
- 10 oz dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- flaky sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, ensuring that the paper along the long sides extends above the pan to act as handles to remove from the pan later. Set aside.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a medium bowl, add butter and mix with a fork until uniform. Reserve approximately 1 tablespoon of the graham cracker crumb.
- Press crackers down into the baking pan using the back of a glass or a tart tamper. Bake crust for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Place marshmallows on top of the baked graham cracker crust, side by side leaving little to no gap in between each marshmallow.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, heating in 30-second intervals and mixing thoroughly between each interval. Mix until completely smooth and melted.
- Top marshmallows with the melted chocolate and sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumb over the top. Bake for 10-12 minutes to allow the marshmallows to melt.
- Once out of the oven, transfer pan to a cooling rack and sprinkle the flaky sea salt. Once the s’mores are cooled, transfer to the freezer for 10-15 minutes (for the chocolate to fully set).
- Once the chocolate has set, cut & enjoy! Store leftover s'mores bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
MikeBakesNYC LLC owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this website unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my Disclosure page. This post may contain affiliate links.